Aftermarket Quality Engineer
Company: Tenneco Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job DescriptionTenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in
the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined
strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and --hlins with 31 of the best
known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100
years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the
world work as one team, driving advancements that help our
customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race
and every journey.
We are looking for an Aftermarket Quality Engineer. This role will
be focused on both purchased parts and well as manufactured
aftermarket parts. Will be the first point of contact for suppliers
on quality related issues for aftermarket parts. The role would be
working on verifying supplier parts, working on corrective actions,
and assist on first piece approval. This role will also be working
directly with aftermarket engineering on projects, approvals, print
reviews, and managing changes. Ability to interact both externally
and internally with cross-functional engineering groups. Able to
manage projects related to the products and be a key part of print
reviews. Also conduct internal and external quality audits will be
the core focus of this position.The team is ready to act
immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role.
You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a
phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview
with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through
processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt
- Validate first shipment of parts from suppliers
- Review supplier PPAP documentation for samples
- Active participant in reviewing prints of new products
- Conduct Visits, Initial Assessments and Audits at suppliers,
potential suppliers and at Tenneco locations
- Coordinate problem solving activities for aftermarket
- Carry out special projects and assignments as deemed
- Collect and analyze data to determine appropriate courses of
action to improve supplier performance.
- Promote and deliver assistance to the supply base to encourage
improvements in performance.
- Submit objective and pro-active reports in a timely fashion to
further improve the working relationship between Tenneco and its
- Carry out Pro-active problem-solving activities with Tenneco's
supply base in a disciplined manner.
- Monitor and review supplier performance using Ivalua and other
- Assist and support the New Product Introduction (PPAP
Submissions, APQP) programs for Tenneco
- Work closely with other sections of Global Purchasing to
achieve cost savings and improve the efficiency and cost
effectiveness of the company's supply base.
- Support Continuous Improvement activities throughout the
- Communicate and promote Policies and Procedures of Supplier
Quality and Development throughout the Supply base and
Tenneco.Required ExperienceEducation: Bachelor's Degree in
Engineering, or technical field.
Skills & Experience:
- Two plus years of manufacturing quality experience.
- Strong quality documentation experience.
- Previous hands-on quality auditing experience.An Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco Inc., Skokie , Aftermarket Quality Engineer, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!