Company: SureStaff LLC
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSURESTAFF is immediately hiring a Maintenance
Mechanic for a large, well-known client in Skokie, IL. SURESTAFF is
invested in its team members! All temp-to-hire employees are
offered competitive compensation ($23- $31 DOE) as well as a
benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, and
vision). Generous referral bonuses are available upon hire.
Available shifts include 3rd. Overtime is available on a
first-come, first-serve basis. ROLE SUMMARY The Maintenance
Mechanic will safely install, maintain, repair, move, replace,
modify, upgrade, troubleshoot, diagnose, adjust, calibrate and
perform preventive maintenance on industrial food equipment and
devices used in production, office, and utility areas. The role
will also provide support as needed to various departments
including production, quality, and safety. The Maintenance Mechanic
will be a team player, serve as a mentor, and help train production
operators when needed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, adjust, and replace equipment and
components involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic,
plumbing, relay logic systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Responsible for communicating equipment breakdown status to
- Move equipment and machinery using standard methods of lifting,
rigging, hoisting, blocking, skidding, and rolling.
- Accurately document information on work orders, such as time to
perform a task, parts used, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals to assist in
troubleshooting and identifying parts needed for repairs.KNOWLEDGE
AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Possess a 2-year technical degree in a maintenance field or a
minimum of 5 years of experience in a maintenance field. Two of the
five years must be in a food processing or manufacturing
- Ability to take measurements and troubleshoot problems without
- Ability to read electrical schematics and diagrams
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot mechanical equipment and
- Basic knowledge of bearings, bushings, gearboxes, fixed /
variable power transmissions systems, pump seals, clutches, brakes,
manual/automatic control valves, motors, couplings, hydraulics,
pneumatics, pumps, variable frequency drives, transducers,
solenoids, relays, motor starters, switches (flow, Photo,
proximity, level, pressure, etc.), encoders, tachometers, AC and DC
drive controls, pipe, tubing, pipe fittings, circuit boards,
programmable logic controllers, transmitters, machining, welding,
and fabrication, etc. About SURESTAFF:SURESTAFF is the leading
provider of light industrial, logistics, general labor, skilled
trades, manufacturing, and distribution labor in the Chicagoland
area with 21 local branches. SURESTAFF is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (EOE) and we follow CDC and Illinois Dept of Health
guidelines for everyone's safety and health.
Keywords: SureStaff LLC, Skokie , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!