Posted on: February 21, 2021
Tenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the
international automotive aftermarket built from the combined
strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and --hlins with 31 of the best
known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100
years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the
world work as one team, driving advancements that help our
customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race
and every journey. The Value Stream Quality Engineer is responsible
for driving continuous improvement within their respective products
and processes. In this role, he/she will merge their knowledge of
the value stream processes with quality standards, methods and
tools to promote the achievement of customer satisfaction goals.
Will lead and/or participate in activities related to problem
solving, continual improvement, and implementing capital
expenditure projects. Also serves as a lead auditor for IATF 16949
and ISO 9001 internal audits. This is a great opportunity to work
with a variety of functions in the Skokie plant such as Marketing,
Engineering, and Manufacturing, as well as having a direct
influence in achieving exceptional quality for the Fel-Pro brand.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Support the value stream in the resolution of customer issues.
Ensure thorough root cause analysis and sustainable corrective
- Coordinate containment actions for available stock as
- Use risk-based thinking to identify opportunities for
improvement using tools such as FMEA. Lead the implementation of
improvement actions and/or projects.
- Support idea generation and projects related to process design
and/or changes. Lead projects as needed. Ensure project deadlines
are met and achieve intended results.
- Participate in GEMBA walks, layered process audits, and takes a
hands-on approach to understanding the processes within the value
- Conduct internal Quality System and Environmental, Health and
Safety (EHS) audits; monitor progress and verification of audit
generated corrective actions; create and maintain system standard
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined
in the applicable procedures and work instructions; and suggests
ways for continual improvement
- Follows EHS rules and regulations and suggests ways for
- Promptly reports quality problems, personal injuries and unsafe
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in an automotive or high-volume
- Previous experience as a Quality Engineer preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as
technical specifications (IATF16949, ISO14001); blueprints,
material specifications, etc.
- ASQ CQE certified is a plus.
- Advanced skills in using Word, Power Point, Excel and
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!