Site Assistant: Continuing Education, Training and Workforce
Company: Oakton Community College
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Continuing Ed, Training and Workforce Development
Sep 9, 2022
Open Until Filled
Part Time Staff
About Oakton College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where
thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Under general supervision responsible for the professional support
of CE & T and its programs and services as needed at an offsite
location. Days and hours include 6pm - 10pm, Monday - Thursday.
This is a fully in-person temp position that will conclude December
20th, 2022. Employment opportunities at our off-site location will
likely be available after completion of the current contract.
- Register and advise students of CE & T courses including course
information regarding courses taught, eligibility, time, locations
- Where appropriate collect fees and maintain cash flow.
- Responsible for scheduling room locations and providing signage
for all classes taught at the Sites. Adjust and re-assign class
locations when necessary. Handle rescheduling with the appropriate
- Provide support services to instructors and coordinate CE&T
needs with designated onsite personnel. I.e. required duplicated
material and AV equipment, for class use.
- Serve as liaison between customers/clients and managers as
needed. Appropriately assist with inquiries, complaints,
adjustments, and reimbursements.
- Assist with specific programs. Prepare materials, i.e., name
tags, information folders, handout materials, directional signs,
certificates, evaluation forms and other support materials as
- Assist with the coordination and delivery and return of books
including credit refunds.
- Assist with payroll and accounting needs. Maintain records for
accrediting and granting agency and budget accountability
- Collect, compile, and prepare statistical data and sensitive
information for reports, contracts, publications, etc., requiring
some information and knowledge of college operations and
- Where needed, assist in notifying students and instructors of
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- High school education or an equivalent combination of education
and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be
acquired is necessary.
- Two years general office experience is required
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, etc)
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 6pm - 10pm 20 hours per week
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of
the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are
Keywords: Oakton Community College, Skokie , Site Assistant: Continuing Education, Training and Workforce, Education / Teaching , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!