Sr. Manager, Tax Provision & Projects
Posted on: August 5, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You
ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know
our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter s
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. This role will
lead the global tax provision process in partnership with the Tax
Director. Responsibilities included, but not limited to, are
maintaining US deferred tax assets/liabilities and income taxes
payable, preparing/reviewing quarter tax journal entries, assisting
with international provision reviews, ownership of global UTP
documentation processes, managing tax requirements for SOX
compliance, computing the global quarterly AETR, administering the
global tax provision software, working closely with external
financial statement auditors, and leading other special
- In partnership with Tax Director, assume ownership of the
global tax provision process.
- Maintain inventory of US deferred tax assets and US income
- Craft quarterly tax accounting journal entries, including
domestic return to accrual analyses and financial statement impact
of global audit settlements.
- Assist with international tax provision reviews, as
- Maintain ownership of global UTP documentation processes,
working in conjunction with regional tax personnel to identify and
report uncertain tax positions.
- Manage tax requirements for SOX compliance.
- Assist with computation of global quarterly AETR.
- Administer global ONESOURCE Tax Provision (OTP) software to
support the tax provision processes.
- Interface directly with external CPA firm on quarterly reviews
and annual audit.
- Work closely with corporate Controllers group to ensure proper
- Lead tax accounting training sessions with non-US finance
- Lead special projects both within, and outside of tax provision
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements.
- Mentor fellow tax department members.Key
- Bachelor s degree required; CPA preferred, MST
- 8+ years of corporate income tax experience, including tax
accounting and compliance.
- Hands-on experience preparing domestic tax provisions under
ASC740; international experience a plus.
- Experience in complex global manufacturing organization.
- Financial accounting consolidation systems experience (HFM,
OTP, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to understand highly complex tax issues, work within a
team environment to resolve such issues, and communicate results in
a clear/timely manner.
- Strong sense of urgency desired.
- Ability to proactively partner with various corporate
departments, including Consolidations, External Reporting,
Treasury, Audit, and Financial Planning. The successful candidate
for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been
vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations
for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that
prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law. Equal
Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer.
Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or interview process, please click on
the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with
your contact information. Recruitment Fraud Notice Baxter has
discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties
pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage
with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or
financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself,
review our Recruitment Fraud Notice . 065745
Keywords: BAXTER, Skokie , Sr. Manager, Tax Provision & Projects, Accounting, Auditing , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!